- Mad Men is finally coming back on March 25! It’s been so long since the last season and I’ve endured so many terrible episodes of Glee in the interim that I’ve forgotten what good TV looks like. It will be nice to be reminded.
- Rick Santorum came in fifth in last night’s New Hampshire primary! Hooray! Ever since Iowa I have been hyperventilating at the thought of him worming his way into the VP slot, but this is a significant setback for Mr. “Man-on-Dog”, and I am appropriately psyched. (Now watch, South Carolina will totally mess everything up again…)
- Revisions are fun. No, really, they are. I’m working on my first round of revisions for my ghost story WIP now. It still has that Shiny New Idea smell, even though I’ve been working on it for a few months now. I revise in much the same way I draft — via extensive use of spreadsheets — and so far my first-round revision to-do list consists of 120 items, of which I have thus far done 37. Progress!
- Last summer I was lucky enough to go on the Lambda Literary Foundation’s Writers’ Retreat for Emerging LGBT Voices, which was AMAZING OMG. They have just announced that they’re accepting applications for the 2012 retreat, and they’ve got a fabulous set of faculty lined up, including Transparent and I Am J author Cris Beam (I so wish I wrote nonfiction so I could go back and learn from her!) and a first-time-ever YA workshop led by Alex Sanchez! You should totally go apply — scholarships are available and it’s such a fantastic experience.
- Jessica Spotswood’s Born Wicked comes out in less than a month! I am so excited to get my hands on a copy of this awesome story. And hey, you can get one early through this contest on Jess’s blog.
- This Friday John and Hank Green are coming to Bethesda for John’s book tour for The Fault in Our Stars. I’m going with a posse of YA writers. I have been to many book signings but never one that was also effectively a rock concert, so I am pumped. (Picture me doing this.)
- I am getting to read awesome books by my awesome friends. I just finished Caroline Richmond‘s new WIP, which is AMAZINGSAUCE (that’s a word right? Well it’s the best word by far for Caroline’s book) and today I get to start Miranda Kenneally’s newly-cover-revealed Stealing Parker. I’m so lucky.
And I bet I forgot something up in that list. Anyone know of anything else going on that should be provoking excitement?